Copyright © Every Day Japan
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, October 17, 2012

新着: New Arrivals

Well, I just saw this word on TV and wanted to add it to my vocabulary (and yours too if you want). The word is:

新着
(しんちゃく / shinchaku)

This word means "new arrivals", and is used when a store gets a new product or item in their line-up.
The individual characters are "new" (新) and "arrive" (着); very, very logical, don't you think?

Anyways, that's it!


Cheers! 日本語がんばって!

PS. When I first started learning Japanese, I used to hate Kanji! It was so extremely hard and I thought that the lines and strokes had no rhyme, reason, or logic behind them...but after studying Kanji more diligently I have found that it is one of the funnest parts about the Japanese language. So if you're studying Kanji at the moment, don't fret! Just keep studying and it will all come together soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment