Copyright © Every Day Japan
Design by Dzignine
Monday, November 19, 2012

鶏のなんこつ唐揚げ: Soft bone chicken Karaage

I love food. I won't deny it...and neither will you! Perhaps one of the reasons why I fell in love with Japan and its culture is its delicious delicacies. Japan has sushi, tenpura, chicken katsu, tonkatsu, sashimi, ramen, and the list literally goes on and on. Moving to Japan has become heaven for my taste buds, and unfortunately my waist line as well :(

Among one of my favorite foods is (chicken) karaage:

唐揚げ
( からあげ / karaage )

Wikipedia doesn't do it enough justice with its meager 1/2 page of content, but karaage is amazing. To an American, I would simply call it Japanese fried chicken, but anyone who's eaten it knows that its more.

Even more surprising to me is the face that it had another trick up its sleeves. Thus, let me present to you:

鶏のなんこつ唐揚げ
Chicken soft bone Karaage

that's right, soft bones
You've got your normal chicken karaage exterior and a wonderfully delicious, crunchy soft bone interior. I found these little treasures while dining at Joyful today. Just one bite and my Filipino desires went crazy for more. Needless to say, I ate everything, including the plate...and the menu.

So, if you ever stop in Japan, try these little wonders. Even if you aren't a fan of soft bones, I think you'll enjoy eating a piece of karaage that lasts a few seconds longer. Another good thing is that its cheap. This dish from Joyful rings up to 299 Yen, around $3. So try it!

Eat well my fellow travelers~ またね!

0 comments:

Post a Comment